Friday, July 3, 2009

Zoe-isms

With my apologies to our friend Jane on my plagiarizing the title of this post, I hope to make a recurrent feature of things Zoe says that I find interesting. Today's issue will be simply pronunciation in Zoese:

  • "Bottom" = "Bobbin"
  • "Doing" = "Doodin"
  • "Stuff" = "Tuff"
  • "I" or "Me" or "Mine" = Zoe. Example: "Zoe not get Zoe's balloon. Zoe get Zoe's flag."
Also, she has given us code names: "Not Zoe. Little Cat. Dat not Daddy. Dat Goat. Dat not Mommy. Dat Big Cat."

And, lastly, she was pointing out something in the kitchen, and announced that it was not there. Then she quickly added, "Zoe just makin' joke."

4 comments:

  1. Edwin has started demanding his privacy for bathroom time. 'Close door -go and see mummy'. We have also caved and ordered a trampoline. Unfotunately we couldn't find one locally so has to order it on the internet-so we explained postman has to make it and deliver it. So now we have repeated questiosn 'Pos'man still making de trampleen?' (trampoline) with that Zoeesque rise in pitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still have 'Its in the Edwin' b.t.w. sometimes run out of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Zoe-isms! I think the title works perfectly well! Love that she's makin' jokes!

    I had to laugh because Willa just said her longest sentence ever. I picked her up at daycare and asked her how her day was. She said, "Isabelle pushing me! Time out!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Cat and Big Cat-do you have more than one? Love love love the Zoe-isms! Give her a big hug fron "Ina" please :)

    ReplyDelete