Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Deja vu

Some times it's scary how you can read something that seems like it must have been written by a total stranger about your life. Probably the first ever blog I read with any regularity is Sweet Juniper, written by Dutch, about his wife Wood, and their adventures in life with their children Juniper and Gram, and their dog Wendell. They were young hipsters living in San Francisco when they became parents, and struggled to balance all of this. Then they moved back to the Midwest, to the middle of Detroit, and Dutch stopped working to become a full-time dad and blogger. He's a fantastic photographer and I really enjoy his writing, though I wish he'd write more about the kids (there is a backstory to why this changed) like he used to do.

Anyway, I found this post today and felt as though it was something I could have written if only I had the forethought and talent.

1 comment:

  1. With you on Dutch. He's my fave blogger. I've even commented on his site & sent him things I think he'd like. He's always written me back. It's a definite blog crush. Less than a week till I start work full time--which probably means less time for me to read blogs. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete